Upcoming Webinars: “Deconstructing The System We Once Thought We Knew” & “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – A Leader’s View & Strategies”
Title: Deconstructing The System We Once Thought We Knew
Presenters: Tianna Orr and Liz Smith
Date: April 27, 2022
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 PM EST
Register Here: Click Here
CEU’s: 1.5 CEU’s (pending NASW approval)
Costs: $40 Members/$50 Non-Members
- Participants will learn and be able to identify the origins of distrust in the African-American community toward medical providers.
- Participants will learn and be able to identify ways in which hospitals and other health care organizations can dismantle racist and oppressive policies.
- Participants will learn individual implications to dismantle racist and oppressive actions.
As a skilled organizational and community-based leader, Liz Smith has experience in both local and national initiatives, with particular focuses on youth, child welfare, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. Liz will be graduating with her master’s degree in social work with a organization and community leadership concentration from Michigan State University this coming May. Liz Smith currently works with the National Child Welfare Workforce Institute to bring justice and equity to vulnerable children and families. Her passion is to advocate for and empower communities that need it the most.
Title: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – A Leader’s View & Strategies
Presenters: Rose Cardarelli, B.S., MHA, M.Ed. Ed.D., FACHE
- An understanding of DEI and leadership strategies
- An awareness of implicit bias
- Sharing clinical strategies from a social worker perspective