The Ellen Perlman Simon Outstanding Mentor Award
The Ellen Perlman Simon Outstanding Mentor Award was established in 2019 to honor the memory of SSWLHC leader Ellen Perlman Simon. A tireless and dedicated mentor to many, this award will honor leaders in healthcare social work who support new up-and-coming social workers in healthcare through promotion, guidance, and education. This recognized leader will have worked to cultivate and support future leaders in Social Work and Healthcare. This award will be presented at the SSWLHC Conference.
Award Purpose, Expectations of Nominees
This award honors an individual who demonstrates the application of mentorship in their role as a formal or informal leader in social work in health care. This recognized leader will have worked to cultivate and support future leaders in Social Work and Healthcare. This award will be presented at the SSWLHC Conference
- Meet all participant requirements of an SSWLHC mentor.
- Completion of at least one six-month SSWLHC Mentorship program as mentor.
- Personalized, specially engraved award with two (2) minutes to accept.
- One (1) complimentary guest ticket to the Opening Reception
- Annual Meeting Conference Registration fee will be waived
- $500 award check
- Bulletin Board at the conference