The Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care is an association dedicated to promoting the universal availability, accessibility, coordination, and effectiveness of health care that addresses the psychosocial components of health and illness. We model and promote excellence of social work leadership in health care. It is our mission to lead, promote, develop, and support social work values, practice, and leadership in health care.
Our goals include:
- To assure the best social work leadership in health care systems.
- To incorporate the core values of social work into the health care environment.
- To foster and maintain the best in social work practice.
- To influence social health policy
- To promote standards and ethics for the delivery of social work and health care.
This chapter is organized exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Please visit our chapter website here.
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Several CE sessions throughout year
- Annual educational conference and vendor fair
- Access to Listserve for questions, job postings, job openings
- Opportunity for Board service
- Two MSW student scholarships awarded to second year students in health care placement, Awardees serve on chapter board
- President & President Elect attend National conference at the Chapter’s expense (pending board decision re annual resources).
- List Serve via Google Groups
New in the past few years:
- Monthly Board meetings, open to members.
- November 2017: Annual Legislative/Policy education session
- Annual Educational Conference & Vendor Fair, March 2018.
- Leadership Institute: May 2018
For more information please email the SSWLHC Washington Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.